I now live...
Toronto Easter Conference
Speaker: Rex Trogden
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 (ESV)
• personal pronoun, dealing with ourselves
• Paul said, "I am less than the least"
• Paul had a changed perspective, the right perspective
• every believer can be used by God in their own way
• For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are... - 1 Corinthians 1:26-28 (ESV)
• as long as we think of ourselves as something, we are nothing
• how do we view ourselves? Usable? Or not?
• a challenging word because it means immediacy
• God works in the present
• if not now, then when?
• if we are serious, we will get started to get to know/serve Him right now
• we use the thought of now when it comes to salvation...
• choose this day whom/what you will serve
• the opposite of life is death/dead
• if what we're living for isn't worth dying for, it's not worth living for; Paul: for to me to live is Christ and to die is gain
• what in our life is worth living for?
• if we're living for wealth/health/fame, etc., it will be gone tomorrow
• what on earth are you doing for heaven's sake
• forsaking all I trust Him; faith is a necessity
• living by/in faith is practical
• facts, faith, feeling (some people get the order wrong, with feeling being the first)
• we walk by faith and not by sight
IN THE SON OF GOD
• our grounding
• if our faith is not in Christ, then who/what is it in?
WHO LOVED ME
• gives us purpose in life
• eternal love (has no beginning or ending)
• greater love has no man than this...
• we love/serve because He first loved us
AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME
• the price we cost Him
• we were not paid for with some commodity but with His own life
• He gives us all things freely
This verse should change the perspective of our lives.
Should we not respond by wanting to offer Him our lives/service?