Winter Weekend 2017
Join us for an exciting time up at Graphite Bible Camp on January 6-8th 2017!
What is it all about?
The Winter Weekend is an exciting retreat for young people packed full of great teaching, fun sports, and awesome food and fellowship. We have been going up to Graphite Bible Camp year after year for several decades now. And for good reason!
The bus leaves Markham Bible Chapel at 5pm on Friday, January 6th and returns Sunday evening, January 8th. For ages 12 and up.
If you are travelling by car, please plan to arrive at Graphite around 8pm, Friday, January 6th. Map is provided below.
($110 if not taking the bus leaving/arriving at MBC)
- A bus ride to and from Graphite Bible Camp in Bancroft, Ontario
- 2 nights accommodation
- All your meals and snacks once you get there
What to bring:
- Some money
- for a (fast food) dinner on the bus ride up to Graphite
- for any tuck shop purchases you want to make on Saturday (think: chips, pop, candy)
- Bible / Notebook / Pen
- Warm clothes, outdoors gear to play outside in the snow
- Indoor shoes and outdoor boots.
- Bedding or sleeping bag
- Camera (optional)
- Table games (optional)
- Enthusiasm (until lights out!)
This Year's Speaker: Ron Hughes
Ron is the president of FBH International and a good friend of Markham Bible Chapel. We are looking forward to hearing what he has prepared for us this year.
Each dorm room sleeps several people and features comfortable beds. Make sure you bring your own bedding or sleeping bag and a pillow. Married couples are provided with private rooms. Full shower facilities are available.
Outside: tubing, broomball, handball, snow soccer, and more.
Inside: ping pong, basketball, floor hockey, volleyball, board games, and whatever else you bring up with you.
Between the sports, good food and teaching sessions, there will be lots to keep you busy.
Map of Graphite Bible Camp
702 Graphite Road, Maynooth, ON K0L 2S0
Step 1: How to Register
We are using the same registration that we use for MBC Day Camp - so there is a chance that your details may already be "in the system".
There are two options -
- Attending and taking the bus from MBC ($135/person)
- Attending and driving yourself to Graphite Bible Camp ($110/person).
This registration system is designed to register everyone from your household that is attending all at one time. If you are a parent registering on behalf of your child(ren), please make sure your children's names are selected as attending - and not you!
Simply click the button below to register.
Step 2: How to Pay
There are 2 payment methods for the Winter Weekend
- Pay by credit card (preferred method)
- To pay online by credit card simply follow the instructions while registering.
- Pay by cash or cheque
- To pay by cash or cheque, please give your payment to Basil or Cathy Tambakis and make cheques payable to "Markham Bible Chapel". Put "Winter Weekend" in the memo field. Cathy can be reached by emailing her at: email@example.com
- If not paying online choose "Pay Later" when registering. We will mark it as paid when your payment is received.
- If you are coming from another youth group other than MBC, please talk to your youth leader who will be in contact with Cathy about payment.
- What if I want to attend, but I can't afford it?
- We want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to attend Winter Weekend and if you are in a position of not being able to afford the weekend, please click the button below to request financial assistance.